HOW TO PLAY
As you understood, your damages are doubled. But remember that some monsters have also is ability. That makes the game very hard to play in Nightmare mode. Some of them can now kill you in only one shot. Here are some advices :
- Always run to avoid shot is your only one chance. Remeber that some demons have their projectile velocity doubled, making these projectiles very hard to avoid.
- Fire first and kill in one shot if possible. That is a good way to survive. Remember that monsters have unlimited regen. Faster you kill them, lesser is the chance they can use their regen feature.
- Small weapons are very powerful now, but some have a huge reload time that forces you to hide or change to another weapon.
- Big weapons are over powerful now. Never use them at short range, their range effect is also doubled and can kill you.
- Your max health and armor are doubled, but not the max health station. Only the additive medicine packs and the cube weapon can raise your health to 200.
- The flames around monsters hurt, do not approch them at short range. Take care of that point when you are in berserker mode.
- Like archiviles, cacodemons must be killed first because they can spawn infinite quantity of lostsouls.
- Destroy and not only kill zombies. Remember that the sentries and turrets only kill them. As all good marines, do your job by finish them immediately.
- Never be blocked when you are fighting. Otherwise you will begin to hear strange sounds and lose the control of your weapon. And you will die ... slowly but surely.
- Playing a party is always a different one. The story is the same, but the new monster spawns will require a contant care to not be badly surprised by them.
- Demons moves fast, and runners are now very dangerous. Kill them as soon as possible before be out numbered.
- Almost monsters can fully health regen while fightning then try to kill them with one or two shots. Here, a good practice of head shot is inevitable. Here, remember that a monster is invulnerable while regening.
- In multiplayer mode, always run and kill fast. Just take the time to regulary take ammo, medipak and armor. Take care of the big number of monsters in a spawn wave, and kill them all as soon as possible to never be out numbered.
- In multiplayer mode, kill monsters does not increase your score, it just makes the game harder to play.
- Avoid the projectiles of the plasmagun and bfg monsters is crucial else you will die in less than two seconds. Kill them is very easy but they are very powerful. If you forget this point, you are dead meat ...
My first new idea was the new realistic shotgun feature. It fires two shells at once, and each shell must be reloaded one by one. It makes it very powerful, but for an heavy reload time price. Also remember that you can not fire until the reload of the current shell was completed, making you again vulnerable.
With this weapon, most of the monsters can be killed with only one head shot. But its shell consumption makes it unusable all along the game.
To resume, this weapon can be used by the very high end players who always make head shot and manage the reload time and shell consumption.